Monday, May 28, 2012

Great America

Great America
Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Il. is a great theme park. My kids LOVE the place....no surprise there! For the past 6 years or so we have had season passes. We used to live in Grayslake and the drive there was minimal. Now from Palatine it's a bit further, but we make the trek a few times a week. There's a water park open from Memorial day weekend through Labor Day Weekend every summer as well as the regular theme park, so season passes give us approximately 6 months of fun every year!


One of the many times we were there, "Clyde" and i were waiting in line for one of our favorite coasters, The Raging Bull. "Clyde" has autism. He doesn't understand standing in line and waiting very well. SFGA has done a good job of trying to make standing in line pleasant with tvs and music. Sometimes its ads for the theme park or music videos. Standing in line still poses a challenge for "Clyde". The music makes him dance....he's quite the dancer! 


Well, this time, dancing wasn't enough. "Clyde" decided that he needed to make friends. Behind us in line were two really pretty black girls. They were dressed to the nines. High heels(could never figure that out in an amusement park), tight jeans that hugged their great curves, low cut tops that showed off their "assests". Of course those tops were adorned with bling. And I don't mean a little sparkle. I mean BLING.  The one gal's top had some scrolled word across her chest that was completely adorned in sparkles. Of course both gals had on tops that were tight. 


"Clyde" started flirting. Yep. Flirting with the girls in their snazzy outfits. They were somewhat nice to him by saying hi and smiling. Well. Wouldn't you know that was all the encouragement "Clyde" needed???


"Clyde" has always loved words, books, and shiny things.  He loves shirts with  pictures on them. He loves to touch the pictures and trace his fingers along the outlines.  


The girls were laughing at "Clyde" and talking to him a little. He says to them, " I like dat shirt." They laughed. I said, "yes, "Clyde" those are  very pretty shirts, aren't they?" He responded, "ya, I like dat shirt."


And before I could even blink, out shot "Clyde's" hands and in each hand he had a fistful of each of the gal's ample breast and their sparkly shirts. "Clyde" had a silly grin on his face and kept saying "sparkly"  as the girl screamed.....


Yes, I got to meet security that day........

4 comments:

  1. OK remind me to make sure I don't wear any sparkly shirts when we go..LOL....He's a sweetie and didn't know any better...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah....that's not exactly how those gals felt!!! I tried explaining...apologizing....got the racist card thrown....it wasn't pretty. and they were more than happy to try to get us thrown out of the park....and were almost successful too. I look back now and its hilarious....but at the time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh.... While I read this post I can picture Colin doing all these things, his tone of voice, and his tone of voice.

    I can't stop laughing.

    Note to self: No sparkly shirts w/ Colin

    ReplyDelete